Main Living Area Great Room (26’ x 47’)
The large main living room has 20’ of glass sliding doors and a 12’ built-in couch with plush seating to enjoy the breathtaking view of the Atlantic Ocean and two “cays” (small islands) just off shore. This area is 30” lower than the kitchen/dining areas and creates it own separate space.
At night, this same living room becomes a media/entertainment area with surround sound, VCR, CD/DVD player and 10’ movie screen for you to enjoy any one of the DVD movies in the film library.
The dining area in the great room (26’ x 47’) has both oceanfront views as well as sunset views of our sprawling coconut forest. The main table seats up to ten (10) persons with additional counter seating for up to six (6) persons.
A large 15’ center island counter gives plenty of space for ease of preparation for your in-home meals. There is a double sink, glass cook top with downward draft ventilation, wall oven, microwave, refrigerator/freezer and dishwasher to facilitate the needs of guests, chefs and staff. The kitchen is fully equipped with all the accoutrements needed to prepare your culinary delights. Just outside the kitchen area is a large built-in “Jenn-Aire” gas cooking grill for your bar-b-que and grilling selections.
If you wish to dine outside, there is a convenient deck situated just outside the kitchen’s sliding glass doors, so that you can enjoy views of the swimming pool garden area, the sprawling coconut forest and spectacular sunsets. At night, candle-illuminated carved stone lanterns by the swimming pool reflect off the pool’s glistening water.
The master bedroom suite (Hibiscus Suite) has a 10’ sliding panel, glass door which provides views of the turquoise ocean water, 2 cays and pink sand beach. The glass doors open onto the ocean front patio that has chaise lounge chairs for relaxing.
The furnishings are British Colonial and the white linens give the clean, crisp feel of a relaxed beach setting. The master bath is complete with two hand-carved marble vessel sinks, spa tub with ocean view and large open shower area.
Each en-suite bedroom in upper Kataluma has its own name and design theme (Hibiscus, Gecko, Lotus, Frangipani) hand-carved on the wooden transoms over each door. The doors are recessed into hallways to give private entry off the main living areas.
These bathrooms have their own private bath, each one in a unique design and style.
Lower Kataluma Area
A unique feature of the home is the ground level, 1600 sq. ft, living room, full kitchen and game/entertainment room. If privacy is required, or if people want to get away from the main living areas, the lower Kataluma area is a great place to get away.
This area includes:
• 42” flat screen TV with DVD player and Mirage surround sound system. You may also select the outdoor poolside speakers
• Fully equipped 2nd kitchen with full bar/counter top
• Thomas Aaron Billiards’ St. Croix professional slate pool table with pub table, pub stools and spectator chairs for pool playing enthusiasts
• Octagonal poker game table (54”) with chairs
• “Stage” for musicians, singers, comedians, etc. to perform for their “in house” audiences’ (drums and electronic keyboard, sound system available upon request at additional charge)
• 5th Bedroom with full size bunk bed (sleeps 4)
• Cabana Full Bath – with access to pool area
Relax outdoors in our ocean-side tiki hut with our resident stone turtles or hang out in our pool garden area in either a hammock, canopy style-Balinese wooden swing or oversized teak bench.
We offer a variety of activities to keep you as active as you would like to be:
• Swimming - in the ocean or pool (15' x 30' solar-heated pool)
• Umbrellas, beach chairs and rafts
• Snorkeling - we offer 2-3 adult sets of masks and snorkels, however we suggest you bring your own for proper size and fit
• Kayaking - we provide 2 kayaks - 2x persons each
• Walking/Running – on the beautiful pink sand or on the secluded, country-like main road
Main Living Area:
• Bosch Kitchen Appliances – Refrigerator, Dishwasher, Microwave, Glass Range Top and Wall Oven
• R/O Water Purification System
• Food Processor/Blender/Toaster/Coffee Maker/Rice Maker/Crock Pot
• Spices, Seasonings and Kataluma Welcome Basket
• CD/DVD Player with I-pod docking station
• Surround Sound System
• 10’ Movie Projection Screen
• DVD Movie Selection
• Fax Machine (Incoming Only)
• Phone (see below for further info)
• Washer and Dryer
• Baby Bouncy Seat
• Baby Crib
• Board Games and Books
• Hair Dryers
• Iron with Ironing Board
Lower Kataluma Area:
• 42” Flat Screen TV with DVD player and Mirage Surround Sound System
• 2nd Kitchen – Refrigerator, Dishwasher, Microwave, Range/Oven, Blender
• R/O Water Purification System
• Pool Table with Pub Table and Spectator Chairs
• Game Table with Chairs
• Performance Stage
• **Drums, electronic keyboard, sound system available upon request at additional charge.
• Swimming Pool (heated, 15' x 30', concrete)
• Oceanfront Tiki Hut
• Barbeque Grill
• Hammock, Swing, Benches
• 2 x 2-person kayaks
• Snorkel gear (2-3 adult sets - pls bring your own for proper fit)
• Beach umbrellas
• Beach chairs
• Bogey boards
Phone - A local phone is available. Long distance calls can be recieved but you must purchase a calling card, from local stores, to make long distance calls.
Internet - DSL wireless service provied.
Daily cook and housekeeping services are available, see next page.